Bafana Bafana’s turnaround under Shakes Mashaba has been remarkable. They have managed what looked impossible – qualification for a tournament with a game to spare. South Africa qualified for Afcon 2015 comfortably as they went unbeaten in a group which included the defending champions Nigeria. There are a number of reasons for Bafana Bafana’s turnaround […]
The four time world champions arrive at FIFA World Cup 2014 not amongst the general favourites. Determined to correct the embarrassment of 2010, the Azzurri have been drawn in the group of death alongside Uruguay, England and Costa Rica. Since the debacle in South Africa four years ago, Italy have been revitalised under the former […]
Below are four links for anyone interested in Football Performance Analysis to enjoy: two presentations by ProZone Data Scientists, a well-written piece by Richard Whittall and a Q ‘n A session with Damien Comolli, former director of football at Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
DUTCH goalkeeping legend Sander Westerveld sat down with us to discuss his career, his silverware-laden time at Liverpool, South African football and goalkeeping in general.
Credit to Carefree Chris for this video from 2005, featuring 10 mins of magic – The Perfect Way To Celebrate the birthday of Gianfranco Zola. Click here to download (54.05 Mb) Or watch on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzqhYxw5fcs You can also watch 25 minutes of the great man here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b25MZuCzK1U
THE deep-lying playmaker. This position from which a player conducts his orchestra is known as the regista to Italians. From Spain where Xavi and Xabi Alonso weave their tactical magic from deep, to Germany where İlkay Gündoğan plies his trade, the regista is the modern day phenomenon that has taken football by storm. Perhaps the […]
Picking apart the bones of the 2012/2013 season at Newcastle United is a complicated and messy process. On the one hand, one could choose to sympathize with Alan Pardew, noting the one table the Geordies did manage to lead almost the entire season was the Premier League injury table. One could point to the infamous Europa […]
WHOEVER is appointed Chelsea manager in the summer, will hold some major cards. Firstly, he won’t be Rafa Benítez. That is a huge advantage in a host of ways. In all likelihood, he will not have a fracturous history with the Chelsea fanbase, will not have been unemployed for 22 of the 24 months before […]
MASSIMILIANO Allegri was heavily criticised at the beginning of the current campaign as AC Milan had one of their worst starts to a season in the entire Silvio Berlusconi era. Milan struggled in accumulating only seven points in their opening seven games including four league defeats. Director, Adriano Galliani, was forced to publicly voice his support for […]
- Andile Jali: Former Orlando Pirates Man is Key For Bafana Bafana in 2015 AFCON December 17, 2014
- Italy FIFA World Cup 2014 Preview: Prandelli is Azzuri’s Ace June 9, 2014
- Football Performance Analysis: Four Must-see Links June 1, 2014
- Sander Westerveld Interview: Dutch Goalkeeper Talks Liverpool, Houllier & SA Football November 19, 2013
- The Perfect Way To Celebrate Gianfranco Zola’s Birthday July 5, 2013
- Arrigo Sacchi Talks Balotelli, Rossi, Italy's 2014 World Cup Chances and More - Online FIFA Worldcup 2014: […] Italy FIFA World Cup 2014 Preview: Prand...
- The Regista And the Evolution Of The Playmaker - Football Analysis: […] Read: Italy FIFA World Cup 2014 Preview...
- Alex: Surely, Italy will do better than in 2010. They ha...
- Italy FIFA World Cup 2014 Preview: Prandelli is Azzuri's Ace - Football Analysis: […] The Regista and the Evolution of the Pla...
- AFC Fylde Review. | Marcus Wilkinson.: […] http://www.football-analysis.com/match-a...
Grant James is a professional football analyst who holds an FA Level 2 Coaching License, has a one-year diploma in Sports Coaching Science from ETA and works at a youth academy. All views are his own.
Andy Forrester is a professional football match and opposition analyst based in Qatar. All views are his own.
Ralph Staniforth is the editor for Cape Media's Leadership In Sport website, http://www.leadershipinsport.co.za/ & has written for Vuvuzela Magazine. He is a college qualified football coach. All views are his own.