WITH this week’s news that South African head coach, Gordon Igesund had dropped Bongani Khumalo from the Bafana Bafana squad for the upcoming World Cup Qualifier against Central African Republic, a new captain was chosen in the form of goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune. The 25 year old has 54 caps for his country already. After several […]
Archive | SA Football RSS feed for this section
As the South African National football team (also known as Bafana Bafana for international visitors) begin their final preparations for the 2013 African Cup of Nations with friendlies against Norway (Cape Town Stadium, tomorrow night) and Algeria (Saturday 12th Jan, Orlando Stadium), we offer a few thoughts on the squad selected for the coach’s first […]
Football Performance Analysis – Interview with Wade Benn, Senior Match Analyst at Aspire Sports Academy
Wade Benn is the Senior Match Analyst at the Aspire Sports Academy in Qatar. He has worked in the Performance Analysis industry extensively in South Africa and travelled with the South African women’s national team (Banyana Banyana) to the London Olympics. Wade kindly took some time off to chat to F-A about the growth of […]
Football-Analysis.com sat down with Ajax Cape Town’s 25 year old Fitness and Conditioning Trainer, Craig Von Wielligh to discuss his role in club’s set-up and his general methodology on the Conditioning world.
With the World Cup 2014 looming in the not-too-distant future, Gordon Igesund has an exciting crop of young players breaking through. Igesund has already called up Kgosi Ntlhe to the Bafana Bafana squad after good form for the South African U20s and Peterborough United and thus has shown he has faith in young players. With […]
Two promising performances marked the start of Gordon Igesund’s Bafana Bafana reign. The result was never the focus in Brazil, with the wiser individual appreciating the performance and attitude in a tough fixture in Brazil for the first time in Bafana’s history.
Bafana Bafana’s nickname literally translates to “the Boys, the Boys”. Friday the 7th September marks the day when boys will be expected to become men, as new coach, Gordon Igesund and South Africa face Brazil in a daunting friendly in São Paulo, playing in Brazil for the first time in South Africa’s history.
- PSL Transfer News 2019-20: All the Completed Deals May 14, 2019
- PSL Transfer News 2018-19: All the Completed January Deals January 2, 2019
- Rulani Mokwena Explains Liverpool Visit November 22, 2018
- Pirates Omit Bafana Trio and 2017/18 Top Scorer from CAF squad November 13, 2018
- PSL Transfer News 2018-19: All the Completed Deals June 2, 2018
- Grant James: Johannes is a transfer for the end of the season, ...
- David: Robyn Johannes to Wits...and Wome not released...
- PSL 2017-18: Season Predictions featuring Top SA Journalists - Football Analysis: […] Read: PSL Transfer News 2017-18: All th...
- Spectres of Cruijff: The Legacy of La Masia, Totaalvoetbal, and the 3-4-3 – Part 2 of 3 – Telos: […] a certain Josep Guardiola – once t...
- Keenan Davy: Hi, Want to enquire about when, where and how t...
Grant James is a professional football analyst and coach who holds an FA Level 2 Coaching License, FA Youth Module 2, CAF B License, the Prozone Level 3 in Performance Analysis and has a one-year diploma in Sports Coaching Science from ETA. All views are his own.
Ebrahim Sadien is an Italian football writer who also covers Bafana Bafana and local South African football.
Andy Forrester is a professional football match and opposition analyst based in Qatar. All views are his own.