On Saturday, Bafana lost 3-1 away to 114th world ranked side, Mauritania. Numerous reasons have been given for such a shock result but when looking at how coach Shakes Mashaba failed to prepare for his opponents, this is no surprise. The arrogance of the coach and his long outdated beliefs has led to a defeat […]
With the start of the 2015-16 PSL Season upon us, we spoke to three of the country’s leading football journalists to get their predictions for the season: featuring Joe Crann, Neal Collins and Mark Herman.
The world’s leading Football Analytics company, Prozone, who were recently bought by American Sports Media giants, Stats will be holding their first Performance Analysis Course in South Africa. The first course will be held in Cape Town on Saturday 1 August and Sunday 2 August.
Below, you can find a list of transfers completed in the South Africa PSL. This contains all the completed deals and is the best way to catch up on any PSL transfer news you may have missed.
With the big news confirmed today of Steve Komphela being appointed as Stuart Baxter’s successor at Kaizer Chiefs, we look back at an interview from June 2012 where Komphela discusses his use of Prozone performance analysis and video analysis in his coaching. This interview provides the best insight into the workings of Kaizer Chiefs’ new […]
There are many issues surrounding Bafana Bafana currently but a nagging consistent question for all too long now is – Where is South Arica’s goal scoring striker? The number 9, the go-to-man, the predator in the box! Current coach Shakes Mashaba has utilised the likes of Tekolo Rantie, Sibusiso Vilakazi, Bongani Ndulula and Lehlohonolo Majoro […]
Much criticised and even ridiculed in certain quarters, Rafael Benítez has achieved more in football than many care to acknowledge. Some managers are hailed for the amount of titles they win; fewer managers are recognised for revolutionising the game, and even fewer are recognised for accomplishing both. With a quick review of Rafael Benítez Maudes’ […]
Bafana Bafana’s turnaround under Shakes Mashaba has been remarkable. They have managed what looked impossible – qualification for a tournament with a game to spare. South Africa qualified for Afcon 2015 comfortably as they went unbeaten in a group which included the defending champions Nigeria. There are a number of reasons for Bafana Bafana’s turnaround […]
The four time world champions arrive at FIFA World Cup 2014 not amongst the general favourites. Determined to correct the embarrassment of 2010, the Azzurri have been drawn in the group of death alongside Uruguay, England and Costa Rica. Since the debacle in South Africa four years ago, Italy have been revitalised under the former […]
- PSL Transfer News 2021-22: All the Completed January Deals February 1, 2022
- Protected: PSL Transfer News 2021-22: All the Completed Deals June 17, 2021
- PSL Transfer News 2020-21: All the Completed Deals February 1, 2021
- Why Thiago Silva Could Miss Chelsea’s Next Match November 7, 2020
- DSTV PSL 4 November Live Blog – All the PSL lineups November 4, 2020
- Grant James: Johannes is a transfer for the end of the season, ...
- David: Robyn Johannes to Wits...and Wome not released...
- PSL 2017-18: Season Predictions featuring Top SA Journalists - Football Analysis: […] Read: PSL Transfer News 2017-18: All th...
- Spectres of Cruijff: The Legacy of La Masia, Totaalvoetbal, and the 3-4-3 – Part 2 of 3 – Telos: […] a certain Josep Guardiola – once t...
- Keenan Davy: Hi, Want to enquire about when, where and how t...
Grant James is a professional football analyst and coach who holds an FA Level 2 Coaching License, FA Youth Module 2, CAF B License, the Prozone Level 3 in Performance Analysis and has a one-year diploma in Sports Coaching Science from ETA. All views are his own.
Ebrahim Sadien is an Italian football writer who also covers Bafana Bafana and local South African football.
Andy Forrester is a professional football match and opposition analyst based in Qatar. All views are his own.